- Woah July 13
What happens when you combine a 130-foot-tall statue of Jesus with an unusually enormous moon? This:
Saturday brought the first supermoon — a phenomena when the moon is full on the same night it is closest in its orbit to Earth — of the season, which made for some incredible images like those above of Brazil's Christ the Redeemer statue. The next supermoon will take place on August 10, so get those cameras ready.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week