- Woah July 13
What happens when you combine a 130-foot-tall statue of Jesus with an unusually enormous moon? This:
Saturday brought the first supermoon — a phenomena when the moon is full on the same night it is closest in its orbit to Earth — of the season, which made for some incredible images like those above of Brazil's Christ the Redeemer statue. The next supermoon will take place on August 10, so get those cameras ready.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 9 negative effects divorce reportedly has on children
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week