Audiophile: Listen Smarter'I know, right?': The anatomy of a wonderfully nonsensical phrase
And why we insist on saying things that make no literal sense
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Headhunters
- This week I learned plants can hear themselves being eaten, and more
- It's time to kill the word 'troll'
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week