Audiophile: Listen Smarter'I know, right?': The anatomy of a wonderfully nonsensical phrase
And why we insist on saying things that make no literal sense
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Headhunters
- This week I learned plants can hear themselves being eaten, and more
- It's time to kill the word 'troll'
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week