- Watch this July 15
It's been more than a decade since the release of Tommy Wiseau's lovably awful melodrama The Room, which continues to run in sold-out midnight screenings across the country. But apart from a few short side projects, fans have had no choice but to patiently wait for a follow-up.
At long last, the wait is over. Wiseau's latest full-scale project — a fascinatingly bizarre-looking sitcom called Tommy Wiseau's The Neighbors — is on the way, and the official website says we'll be able to see the pilot as early as September 2014.
According to the official synopsis,
The Neighbors is a sitcom about the relationship between a group of neighbors who live in an apartment building. The lead character is Charlie, the manager of the building. The tenants are a diverse group of personalities: all of different ages and backgrounds. Constantly bringing their problems to Charlie and his secretary/girlfriend Bebe. The character of Princess Penelope creates a commotion after she witnesses the ghost of her uncle Prince Charles. It is a fresh and humorous look at human behavior through different points of view. This cocktail of characters always guarantees plenty of surprises. The demographic is all inclusive. [The Neighbors]
Fortunately for all of us, Wiseau also posted a characteristically gross and incomprehensible clip from the series — a scene in which he and Lula, a partygoer, discuss their underwear, which happens to have Wiseau's name all over it. Check it out below, and imagine what the other 29 minutes might contain. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week