Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why we laugh when tickled, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Why do we laugh when we're tickled (Mental Floss)
Beyond black: Scientists invent the world's darkest material (The Takeaway)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- What Democrats always forget about Hillary
- 'I know, right?': The anatomy of a wonderfully nonsensical phrase
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Headhunters
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week