Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why we laugh when tickled, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Why do we laugh when we're tickled (Mental Floss)
Beyond black: Scientists invent the world's darkest material (The Takeaway)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- What Democrats always forget about Hillary
- 'I know, right?': The anatomy of a wonderfully nonsensical phrase
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Headhunters
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week