Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned why we laugh when tickled, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Why do we laugh when we're tickled (Mental Floss)
Beyond black: Scientists invent the world's darkest material (The Takeaway)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- What Democrats always forget about Hillary
- 'I know, right?': The anatomy of a wonderfully nonsensical phrase
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Headhunters
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week