- Really? July 22
Colin Furze, who rose to internet fame after creating Wolverine claw replicas, is on to bigger and better inventions: the "biggest fart machine ever," to be precise.
Gizmodo reports that Furze plans to aim his fart cannon at France from Dover, England. He has apparently built the "biggest valveless pulse jet machine ever" — and he plans to build a giant butt to house the fart machine.
According to Gizmodo, Furze's jet machine has the sound effects of "a furious fart from hell." Furze plans to aim the fart cannon at France on July 24, between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. local time, to see if the sound carries across the English Channel. He sums up his hypothesis on his YouTube page: "There are reports that in the war people could hear artillery fire from northern France, but will the French hear this?" We'll soon find out.
Whether or not Furze's sound experiment is successful, just think of the potential health benefits a fart gun of this magnitude could provide. Watch Furze's video about the jet's creation below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week