- Really? July 22
Colin Furze, who rose to internet fame after creating Wolverine claw replicas, is on to bigger and better inventions: the "biggest fart machine ever," to be precise.
Gizmodo reports that Furze plans to aim his fart cannon at France from Dover, England. He has apparently built the "biggest valveless pulse jet machine ever" — and he plans to build a giant butt to house the fart machine.
According to Gizmodo, Furze's jet machine has the sound effects of "a furious fart from hell." Furze plans to aim the fart cannon at France on July 24, between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. local time, to see if the sound carries across the English Channel. He sums up his hypothesis on his YouTube page: "There are reports that in the war people could hear artillery fire from northern France, but will the French hear this?" We'll soon find out.
Whether or not Furze's sound experiment is successful, just think of the potential health benefits a fart gun of this magnitude could provide. Watch Furze's video about the jet's creation below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week