- Really? July 22
Colin Furze, who rose to internet fame after creating Wolverine claw replicas, is on to bigger and better inventions: the "biggest fart machine ever," to be precise.
Gizmodo reports that Furze plans to aim his fart cannon at France from Dover, England. He has apparently built the "biggest valveless pulse jet machine ever" — and he plans to build a giant butt to house the fart machine.
According to Gizmodo, Furze's jet machine has the sound effects of "a furious fart from hell." Furze plans to aim the fart cannon at France on July 24, between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. local time, to see if the sound carries across the English Channel. He sums up his hypothesis on his YouTube page: "There are reports that in the war people could hear artillery fire from northern France, but will the French hear this?" We'll soon find out.
Whether or not Furze's sound experiment is successful, just think of the potential health benefits a fart gun of this magnitude could provide. Watch Furze's video about the jet's creation below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
Subscribe to the Week