- Pot politics July 28
Florida voters will have a chance to legalize medical marijuana at the ballot box in November, and it looks like they'll overwhelmingly give it the green light. By an almost 9-1 margin (88 percent to 10 percent) Floridians support allowing doctors to prescribe marijuana, according to a Quinnipiac poll out Monday.
What's more, the demographic breakdown shows that pretty much every single group supports the plan. That includes 80 percent of Republicans, 89 percent of Independents, and 83 percent of adults over 65 years old.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week