- Pot politics July 28
Florida voters will have a chance to legalize medical marijuana at the ballot box in November, and it looks like they'll overwhelmingly give it the green light. By an almost 9-1 margin (88 percent to 10 percent) Floridians support allowing doctors to prescribe marijuana, according to a Quinnipiac poll out Monday.
What's more, the demographic breakdown shows that pretty much every single group supports the plan. That includes 80 percent of Republicans, 89 percent of Independents, and 83 percent of adults over 65 years old.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week