- The Daily Showdown July 31
On Wednesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart turned his attention to the plight of American corporations seeking tax shelters in countries like the Netherlands and Ireland. Fox News and conservatives have been mostly sympathetic to the concerns of these American companies trying to avoid taxes by moving their headquarters overseas — Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) called them "economic refugees" in a clip — and Jon Stewart was quick to pounce: "Well, if they're refugees, why don't we stick to our normal policy and send them back from where they came?" Be sure to catch the Justin Bieber analogy at the end. --Nico Lauricella
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week