Watermelon is as intimidating as it is delicious. It's the ultimate summer fruit, yet its refreshing charm can be diluted by the sheer obstacle of dealing with one. Lugging it, chopping it, storing it — it's so daunting.
The hulking melon, like most things in life, is always scarier before you dig in. Quarter it, put your apprehensions aside, and consider your options. These nine recipes make such quick use of a watermelon, you might even want to buy two.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to improve your workplace culture
Subscribe to the Week