- Dems in Disarray August 7
John Walsh, the Democratic senator from Montana, dropped out of his Senate race on Thursday. His campaign had been in trouble ever since The New York Times reported in July that Walsh had plagiarized significant portions of a college research paper in 2007.
Democrats will now have to scramble to come up with a candidate to face Republican Rep. Steve Daines in the November election. A libertarian candidate, Roger Roots, is also running.
Walsh was appointed to the Senate in February, replacing Max Baucus, who was named President Obama's ambassador to China in December 2013.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week