- Whoa August 11
China's economic growth over the last 30 years has been stunning, averaging just under 10 percent per year, roughly three times the global average. But all of that economic growth has created some mountainous environmental and health-related challenges, too. Literally mountainous — like this huge pile of trash that towers nine stories above the ground in central China's Hebei province. --John Aziz
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week