- Whoa August 11
China's economic growth over the last 30 years has been stunning, averaging just under 10 percent per year, roughly three times the global average. But all of that economic growth has created some mountainous environmental and health-related challenges, too. Literally mountainous — like this huge pile of trash that towers nine stories above the ground in central China's Hebei province. --John Aziz
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week