Here's how you know that you're definitely not a vampire:
- You start off every meal by sliding a hefty pile of minced garlic into a sauté pan full of sizzling olive oil.
- There's no feeling more gratifying than when a garlic clove's skin comes off with one valiant smash of your knife.
- You don't consider a piece of toasted bread "toast" or "crostini" unless its every crevice is rubbed with garlic.
- You actually enjoy the fact that your fingertips smell of garlic when you go to bed after a long day of mincing, and you've never understood why garlic breath has a negative connotation.
- Dishes with subtle hints of garlic — like Linguine con Vongole and Mussels Dijonnaise — are great, but dishes that make garlic the star are even better.
We've rounded up 13 dishes that feature garlic in all its different temperaments: sharp, pungent, mellow, tangy, and sweet. All you garlic fiends out there, this is for you.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week