Here's how you know that you're definitely not a vampire:
- You start off every meal by sliding a hefty pile of minced garlic into a sauté pan full of sizzling olive oil.
- There's no feeling more gratifying than when a garlic clove's skin comes off with one valiant smash of your knife.
- You don't consider a piece of toasted bread "toast" or "crostini" unless its every crevice is rubbed with garlic.
- You actually enjoy the fact that your fingertips smell of garlic when you go to bed after a long day of mincing, and you've never understood why garlic breath has a negative connotation.
- Dishes with subtle hints of garlic — like Linguine con Vongole and Mussels Dijonnaise — are great, but dishes that make garlic the star are even better.
We've rounded up 13 dishes that feature garlic in all its different temperaments: sharp, pungent, mellow, tangy, and sweet. All you garlic fiends out there, this is for you.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week