Here's how you know that you're definitely not a vampire:
- You start off every meal by sliding a hefty pile of minced garlic into a sauté pan full of sizzling olive oil.
- There's no feeling more gratifying than when a garlic clove's skin comes off with one valiant smash of your knife.
- You don't consider a piece of toasted bread "toast" or "crostini" unless its every crevice is rubbed with garlic.
- You actually enjoy the fact that your fingertips smell of garlic when you go to bed after a long day of mincing, and you've never understood why garlic breath has a negative connotation.
- Dishes with subtle hints of garlic — like Linguine con Vongole and Mussels Dijonnaise — are great, but dishes that make garlic the star are even better.
We've rounded up 13 dishes that feature garlic in all its different temperaments: sharp, pungent, mellow, tangy, and sweet. All you garlic fiends out there, this is for you.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week