Here's how you know that you're definitely not a vampire:
- You start off every meal by sliding a hefty pile of minced garlic into a sauté pan full of sizzling olive oil.
- There's no feeling more gratifying than when a garlic clove's skin comes off with one valiant smash of your knife.
- You don't consider a piece of toasted bread "toast" or "crostini" unless its every crevice is rubbed with garlic.
- You actually enjoy the fact that your fingertips smell of garlic when you go to bed after a long day of mincing, and you've never understood why garlic breath has a negative connotation.
- Dishes with subtle hints of garlic — like Linguine con Vongole and Mussels Dijonnaise — are great, but dishes that make garlic the star are even better.
We've rounded up 13 dishes that feature garlic in all its different temperaments: sharp, pungent, mellow, tangy, and sweet. All you garlic fiends out there, this is for you.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week