Here's how you know that you're definitely not a vampire:
- You start off every meal by sliding a hefty pile of minced garlic into a sauté pan full of sizzling olive oil.
- There's no feeling more gratifying than when a garlic clove's skin comes off with one valiant smash of your knife.
- You don't consider a piece of toasted bread "toast" or "crostini" unless its every crevice is rubbed with garlic.
- You actually enjoy the fact that your fingertips smell of garlic when you go to bed after a long day of mincing, and you've never understood why garlic breath has a negative connotation.
- Dishes with subtle hints of garlic — like Linguine con Vongole and Mussels Dijonnaise — are great, but dishes that make garlic the star are even better.
We've rounded up 13 dishes that feature garlic in all its different temperaments: sharp, pungent, mellow, tangy, and sweet. All you garlic fiends out there, this is for you.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to deep fry a turkey
Subscribe to the Week