- Ice, Ice, Maybe? August 20
Former President George W. Bush took the Ice Bucket Challenge — sort of.
Yes, Bush got a bucket of water dumped on his head. But where was the titular ice?
To be fair, many of the ice bucket videos clogging your news feed also feature no ice. Plenty of famous folks who've accepted the challenge have skipped the ice part, too. And it's hard to quibble with a campaign that has to date raised more than $15 million for a good cause.
That said: Come on. Put some ice in that bucket. It's not the Chilly Water Challenge.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
Subscribe to the Week