- Ice, Ice, Maybe? August 20
Former President George W. Bush took the Ice Bucket Challenge — sort of.
Yes, Bush got a bucket of water dumped on his head. But where was the titular ice?
To be fair, many of the ice bucket videos clogging your news feed also feature no ice. Plenty of famous folks who've accepted the challenge have skipped the ice part, too. And it's hard to quibble with a campaign that has to date raised more than $15 million for a good cause.
That said: Come on. Put some ice in that bucket. It's not the Chilly Water Challenge.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week