- Ice, Ice, Maybe? August 20
Former President George W. Bush took the Ice Bucket Challenge — sort of.
Yes, Bush got a bucket of water dumped on his head. But where was the titular ice?
To be fair, many of the ice bucket videos clogging your news feed also feature no ice. Plenty of famous folks who've accepted the challenge have skipped the ice part, too. And it's hard to quibble with a campaign that has to date raised more than $15 million for a good cause.
That said: Come on. Put some ice in that bucket. It's not the Chilly Water Challenge.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week