- Ice, Ice, Maybe? August 20
Former President George W. Bush took the Ice Bucket Challenge — sort of.
Yes, Bush got a bucket of water dumped on his head. But where was the titular ice?
To be fair, many of the ice bucket videos clogging your news feed also feature no ice. Plenty of famous folks who've accepted the challenge have skipped the ice part, too. And it's hard to quibble with a campaign that has to date raised more than $15 million for a good cause.
That said: Come on. Put some ice in that bucket. It's not the Chilly Water Challenge.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week