Read more about the facts mentioned:
Drinking small amounts of alcohol boosts people's sense of smell (Research Digest)
Whale-watching found to stress out whales (Scientific American)
Lobsters were once only fed to poor people and prisoners (Factually.com)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Is monogamy on the way out?
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Only God Forgives
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
Subscribe to the Week