Read more about the facts mentioned:
Drinking small amounts of alcohol boosts people's sense of smell (Research Digest)
Whale-watching found to stress out whales (Scientific American)
Lobsters were once only fed to poor people and prisoners (Factually.com)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Is monogamy on the way out?
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Only God Forgives
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week