Read more about the facts mentioned:
Drinking small amounts of alcohol boosts people's sense of smell (Research Digest)
Whale-watching found to stress out whales (Scientific American)
Lobsters were once only fed to poor people and prisoners (Factually.com)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Is monogamy on the way out?
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Only God Forgives
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week