Read more about the facts mentioned:
Drinking small amounts of alcohol boosts people's sense of smell (Research Digest)
Whale-watching found to stress out whales (Scientific American)
Lobsters were once only fed to poor people and prisoners (Factually.com)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Is monogamy on the way out?
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Only God Forgives
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week