Read more about the facts mentioned:
Drinking small amounts of alcohol boosts people's sense of smell (Research Digest)
Whale-watching found to stress out whales (Scientific American)
Lobsters were once only fed to poor people and prisoners (Factually.com)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Is monogamy on the way out?
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Only God Forgives
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week