Toyota lost its top ranking as the most reliable U.S. car, slipping to No. 3 in the influential Consumer Reports vehicle reliability ratings. The magazine also said it was dropping its recommendations for three Toyota models due to “bug-ridden designs.” (The New York Times, free registration required) Separately, Toyota recalled 470,000 cars in Japan due to potential fuel leaks and steering problems in three models. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week