Toyota lost its top ranking as the most reliable U.S. car, slipping to No. 3 in the influential Consumer Reports vehicle reliability ratings. The magazine also said it was dropping its recommendations for three Toyota models due to “bug-ridden designs.” (The New York Times, free registration required) Separately, Toyota recalled 470,000 cars in Japan due to potential fuel leaks and steering problems in three models. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week