Toyota lost its top ranking as the most reliable U.S. car, slipping to No. 3 in the influential Consumer Reports vehicle reliability ratings. The magazine also said it was dropping its recommendations for three Toyota models due to “bug-ridden designs.” (The New York Times, free registration required) Separately, Toyota recalled 470,000 cars in Japan due to potential fuel leaks and steering problems in three models. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Don't hate the 'poor door'
Subscribe to the Week