Paparazzi on motorbikes chased Prince William’s car through the streets of London last week, trying to get the first photos of him and his girlfriend, Kate Middleton, since the couple reunited this summer. The pursuit took place just as the government began its inquiry into the death of William’s mother, Princess Diana, who died when paparazzi were chasing her in Paris 10 years earlier. Most of the U.K. tabloids declined to run the pictures after the Press Complaints Commission called the paparazzi’s methods dangerous and unethical.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week