ood week for: Oscar Wilde, who has been voted the wittiest man in British history. The Irish-born playwright, whose famous last words were, “Either these curtains go or I do,” narrowly beat out comedian Spike Milligan, whose gravestone is inscribed with the epitaph, “I told you I was ill.”
Bad week for: The holistic approach, when a dentist accused of fondling the breasts of 27 female patients told the judge that he was merely manipulating the women’s pectoral muscles to relieve jaw pain caused by temporo-mandibular joint disorder.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
Subscribe to the Week