The Bottom Line
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the worldâ€™s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year.
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the world’s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year. Toyota, which was ahead of GM at the six-month mark, sold 7.05 million units. GM’s at-least-temporary comeback was led by strong sales overseas. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What these custom, 3D-printed earphones say about the future of consumer technology
Subscribe to the Week