The Bottom Line
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the worldâ€™s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year.
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the world’s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year. Toyota, which was ahead of GM at the six-month mark, sold 7.05 million units. GM’s at-least-temporary comeback was led by strong sales overseas. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week