The Bottom Line
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the worldâ€™s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year.
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the world’s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year. Toyota, which was ahead of GM at the six-month mark, sold 7.05 million units. GM’s at-least-temporary comeback was led by strong sales overseas. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
Subscribe to the Week