The Bottom Line
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the worldâ€™s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year.
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the world’s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year. Toyota, which was ahead of GM at the six-month mark, sold 7.05 million units. GM’s at-least-temporary comeback was led by strong sales overseas. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week