The Bottom Line
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the worldâ€™s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year.
General Motors pulled ahead of Toyota as the world’s reigning No. 1 automaker, selling 7.06 million units in the first nine months of the year. Toyota, which was ahead of GM at the six-month mark, sold 7.05 million units. GM’s at-least-temporary comeback was led by strong sales overseas. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
Subscribe to the Week