At the recent Republican debate in Michigan, the five leading presidential candidates mentioned Hillary Clinton and her husband, Bill, a total of 16 times. They never once used the name of the sitting Republican president, George W. Bush.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- In defense of Obama's golfing
Subscribe to the Week