At the recent Republican debate in Michigan, the five leading presidential candidates mentioned Hillary Clinton and her husband, Bill, a total of 16 times. They never once used the name of the sitting Republican president, George W. Bush.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week