Good Day, Bad Day
English football fans, feeling green
OOD DAY FOR: English football fans, as the NFL’s New York Giants are taking on the Miami Dolphins this Sunday—in London. The Wembley Stadium exhibition game, the league’s first overseas regular-season match, sold out almost instantly. The NFL is reexamining ways to spread its lucrative franchise outside of the U.S. market. (The New York Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Feeling green, as a recent survey of job seekers ranked “ecologically friendly” No. 18 on the Top 20 list of things they looked for in a new company. The top two priorities were advancement opportunities, at 55 percent, and more leadership responsibility, at 41 percent. The survey was conducted by online job site Jobfox. (Inc.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week