Good Day, Bad Day
English football fans, feeling green
OOD DAY FOR: English football fans, as the NFL’s New York Giants are taking on the Miami Dolphins this Sunday—in London. The Wembley Stadium exhibition game, the league’s first overseas regular-season match, sold out almost instantly. The NFL is reexamining ways to spread its lucrative franchise outside of the U.S. market. (The New York Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Feeling green, as a recent survey of job seekers ranked “ecologically friendly” No. 18 on the Top 20 list of things they looked for in a new company. The top two priorities were advancement opportunities, at 55 percent, and more leadership responsibility, at 41 percent. The survey was conducted by online job site Jobfox. (Inc.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week