he European Court of Justice overturned a 47-year-old German law that shielded Volkswagen AG from a takeover. The law has effectively prevented Porsche AG, VW’s largest shareholder, from taking control of the automaker. “At last, an antique of European financial legislation is confined as a business-school case study,” said Cantor Fitzgerald strategist Stephen Pope. (Bloomberg)
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week