nly in America
A Pennsylvania woman is facing up to 90 days in jail for swearing at an overflowing toilet in her own home. Dawn Herb admits she used some four-letter words near an open window when she discovered that her toilet was leaking down into her kitchen. Her neighbor, a police officer, took offense, and had her cited for disorderly conduct. “It doesn’t make any sense,” says Herb. “I was in my house. It’s not like I was outside or drunk.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week