Only in America
A Pennsylvania woman is facing up to 90 days in jail for swearing at an overflowing toilet in her own home. Dawn Herb admits she used some four-letter words near an open window when she discovered that her toilet was leaking down into her kitchen. Her neighbor, a police officer, took offense, and had her cited for disorderly conduct. “It doesn’t make any sense,” says Herb. “I was in my house. It’s not like I was outside or drunk.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week