Only in America
A Pennsylvania woman is facing up to 90 days in jail for swearing at an overflowing toilet in her own home. Dawn Herb admits she used some four-letter words near an open window when she discovered that her toilet was leaking down into her kitchen. Her neighbor, a police officer, took offense, and had her cited for disorderly conduct. “It doesn’t make any sense,” says Herb. “I was in my house. It’s not like I was outside or drunk.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
Subscribe to the Week