ood week for: Emergency pit stops, after a Japanese car-accessory firm unveiled a new portable toilet designed for use in the back seat of a car. The portable commode “will come in handy during major disasters such as earthquakes,” said a company spokesman, adding, “or when you’re caught in a traffic jam.”
Bad week for: Philanthropy, with the news that Paris Hilton is headed for the blighted African nation of Rwanda to film a reality TV show about celebrities doing good works. The hotel heiress admits she is “really scared” about the five days she will spend saving Rwanda.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week