Between 2001 and 2005, 2,570 teachers in the U.S. were punished for sexual misconduct, an investigation by the Associated Press has found. Many of the abusers had multiple victims, and some teachers accused of sexual misconduct with students were never disciplined or prosecuted. (Associated Press)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
Subscribe to the Week