Between 2001 and 2005, 2,570 teachers in the U.S. were punished for sexual misconduct, an investigation by the Associated Press has found. Many of the abusers had multiple victims, and some teachers accused of sexual misconduct with students were never disciplined or prosecuted. (Associated Press)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week