Between 2001 and 2005, 2,570 teachers in the U.S. were punished for sexual misconduct, an investigation by the Associated Press has found. Many of the abusers had multiple victims, and some teachers accused of sexual misconduct with students were never disciplined or prosecuted. (Associated Press)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The One I Love
Subscribe to the Week