Between 2001 and 2005, 2,570 teachers in the U.S. were punished for sexual misconduct, an investigation by the Associated Press has found. Many of the abusers had multiple victims, and some teachers accused of sexual misconduct with students were never disciplined or prosecuted. (Associated Press)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week