Only in America
A California jury has awarded $85,000 to a woman whose children found pornography on the TV in their motel room. Edwina McCombs says she left her two daughters, 8 and 9, watching children’s television at the Value Lodge motel while she took a bath. The girls, however, then changed the channel. “It was unclear how long they were exposed to it,” said McCombs’ lawyer, Eliot Krieger, referring to the X-rated movie, “but they knocked on the bathroom door and said, ‘Mommy, something’s wrong.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to make corn dogs
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week