Good Day, Bad Day
Feline puns, playing with fire
OOD DAY FOR: Feline puns, after Apple’s new operating system, called Leopard, sold more than 2 million copies since its launch last Friday evening. Analysts said the question is whether the strong Leopard sales will translate to new computer sales. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Playing with fire, after Los Angeles officials said that a boy who’d been “playing with matches” has confessed to starting one of the fires that swept Southern California last week. The fire started by the unidentified boy destroyed 63 structures north of downtown Los Angeles. Prosecutors were weighing whether to press charges. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week