Good Day, Bad Day
Feline puns, playing with fire
OOD DAY FOR: Feline puns, after Apple’s new operating system, called Leopard, sold more than 2 million copies since its launch last Friday evening. Analysts said the question is whether the strong Leopard sales will translate to new computer sales. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Playing with fire, after Los Angeles officials said that a boy who’d been “playing with matches” has confessed to starting one of the fires that swept Southern California last week. The fire started by the unidentified boy destroyed 63 structures north of downtown Los Angeles. Prosecutors were weighing whether to press charges. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week