The Bottom Line
The U.S. is back on top as the worldâ€™s most competitive economy, according to a survey of 11,000 business leaders released today by the World Economic Forum.
The U.S. is back on top as the world’s most competitive economy, according to a survey of 11,000 business leaders released today by the World Economic Forum. The U.S. was No. 6 in the survey last year. Strong innovation fed by excellent universities helped the U.S. overcome low marks for high budget and trade deficits. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week