The Bottom Line
The U.S. is back on top as the worldâ€™s most competitive economy, according to a survey of 11,000 business leaders released today by the World Economic Forum.
The U.S. is back on top as the world’s most competitive economy, according to a survey of 11,000 business leaders released today by the World Economic Forum. The U.S. was No. 6 in the survey last year. Strong innovation fed by excellent universities helped the U.S. overcome low marks for high budget and trade deficits. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- California's epic drought
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week