t wasn't all bad
In China’s Zhejiang province, a 106-year-old man has married an 81-year-old woman. The groom, Pan Xiting, and the bride, Chen Adi, met eight years ago after their respective spouses died. Although it was not a case of love at first sight, the two grew closer after Chen began taking care of Pan. The Guinness Book of World Records says that the world’s oldest groom had been 103-year-old Harry Stevens of the U.S., who married an 84-year-old; Pan and Chen’s combined age of 187 ties their collective age. “Now we are a family,” Pan declared, “and we will never separate from each other till death.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week