The Bottom Line
Google’s shares rose 1.8 percent yesterday to close above $700 for the first time ever.
oogle’s shares rose 1.8 percent yesterday to close above $700 for the first time ever. At its closing price of $707 a share, Google’s market capitalization is more than $218 billion, which would rank the Web search giant fifth-largest among the Dow Jones Industrial Average components. Exxon Mobil, General Electric, Microsoft, and AT&T have bigger market caps. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Obama's new rule would make it harder for employers to deny you overtime
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week