The Bottom Line
Google’s shares rose 1.8 percent yesterday to close above $700 for the first time ever.
oogle’s shares rose 1.8 percent yesterday to close above $700 for the first time ever. At its closing price of $707 a share, Google’s market capitalization is more than $218 billion, which would rank the Web search giant fifth-largest among the Dow Jones Industrial Average components. Exxon Mobil, General Electric, Microsoft, and AT&T have bigger market caps. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week