The Bottom Line
Google’s shares rose 1.8 percent yesterday to close above $700 for the first time ever.
oogle’s shares rose 1.8 percent yesterday to close above $700 for the first time ever. At its closing price of $707 a share, Google’s market capitalization is more than $218 billion, which would rank the Web search giant fifth-largest among the Dow Jones Industrial Average components. Exxon Mobil, General Electric, Microsoft, and AT&T have bigger market caps. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week