Amy Winehouse was arrested in Norway last week for possession of marijuana. The singer, who has recently been in the news for her heroin and cocaine abuse, was released after paying a $700 fine. Her friends were delighted to hear she was only caught with cannabis, said the London Sun. “We have been telling her to quit the hard stuff and get back on the weed,” said one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week