Amy Winehouse was arrested in Norway last week for possession of marijuana. The singer, who has recently been in the news for her heroin and cocaine abuse, was released after paying a $700 fine. Her friends were delighted to hear she was only caught with cannabis, said the London Sun. “We have been telling her to quit the hard stuff and get back on the weed,” said one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- How names influence our destinies
Subscribe to the Week