Amy Winehouse was arrested in Norway last week for possession of marijuana. The singer, who has recently been in the news for her heroin and cocaine abuse, was released after paying a $700 fine. Her friends were delighted to hear she was only caught with cannabis, said the London Sun. “We have been telling her to quit the hard stuff and get back on the weed,” said one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week