Amy Winehouse was arrested in Norway last week for possession of marijuana. The singer, who has recently been in the news for her heroin and cocaine abuse, was released after paying a $700 fine. Her friends were delighted to hear she was only caught with cannabis, said the London Sun. “We have been telling her to quit the hard stuff and get back on the weed,” said one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week