Good Day, Bad Day
New friends, paying respect
OOD DAY FOR: New friends, as MySpace agreed to join the Google-led OpenSocial social-networking consortium. The group aims to come up with standards that will allow software developers to write programs that work on all participating social-networking sites. (MarketWatch) Facebook says it hasn’t been invited to join the group. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Paying respect, after the Writers Guild of American announced its intention to strike for the first time in 20 years. “What we can negotiate for is money,” said guild member Paul Guay. “How we assess respect and worth in this town is money.” (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week