Good Day, Bad Day
New friends, paying respect
OOD DAY FOR: New friends, as MySpace agreed to join the Google-led OpenSocial social-networking consortium. The group aims to come up with standards that will allow software developers to write programs that work on all participating social-networking sites. (MarketWatch) Facebook says it hasn’t been invited to join the group. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Paying respect, after the Writers Guild of American announced its intention to strike for the first time in 20 years. “What we can negotiate for is money,” said guild member Paul Guay. “How we assess respect and worth in this town is money.” (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- When will the Big One strike California?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week