Good Day, Bad Day
New friends, paying respect
OOD DAY FOR: New friends, as MySpace agreed to join the Google-led OpenSocial social-networking consortium. The group aims to come up with standards that will allow software developers to write programs that work on all participating social-networking sites. (MarketWatch) Facebook says it hasn’t been invited to join the group. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Paying respect, after the Writers Guild of American announced its intention to strike for the first time in 20 years. “What we can negotiate for is money,” said guild member Paul Guay. “How we assess respect and worth in this town is money.” (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week