ood week for: Animal solidarity, after James Harris of Illinois was shot by his own dog during a hunting trip. Harris left his shotgun on the ground as he went to retrieve a downed pheasant. The dog then apparently stepped on the weapon’s trigger, successfully shooting Harris in the leg.
Bad week for: Believers in Bigfoot, who had announced that a photo taken by deer hunters in the Pennsylvania woods proved that the legendary beast really exists. “It appears to be a juvenile Sasquatch,” said Paul Majeta of the Bigfoot Research Organization. State game officials, though, said the creature in the photo was clearly “a bear with a severe case of mange.”
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week