The Bottom Line
Toyota, the worldâ€™s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year.
oyota, the world’s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year. Strong sales outside of Japan, the weak yen, and the popularity of its hybrid cars in a time of rising gas prices helped boost Toyota’s bottom line. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week