The Bottom Line
Toyota, the worldâ€™s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year.
oyota, the world’s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year. Strong sales outside of Japan, the weak yen, and the popularity of its hybrid cars in a time of rising gas prices helped boost Toyota’s bottom line. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week