The Bottom Line
Toyota, the worldâ€™s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year.
oyota, the world’s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year. Strong sales outside of Japan, the weak yen, and the popularity of its hybrid cars in a time of rising gas prices helped boost Toyota’s bottom line. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week