The Bottom Line
Toyota, the worldâ€™s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year.
oyota, the world’s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year. Strong sales outside of Japan, the weak yen, and the popularity of its hybrid cars in a time of rising gas prices helped boost Toyota’s bottom line. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week