The Bottom Line
Toyota, the worldâ€™s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year.
oyota, the world’s No. 2 automaker, reported that its profits rose 11 percent and raised its earning guidance for the year. Strong sales outside of Japan, the weak yen, and the popularity of its hybrid cars in a time of rising gas prices helped boost Toyota’s bottom line. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week