Ellen Degeneres’ tearful TV breakdown over a dog was actually triggered by problems between the talk show host and her girlfriend, actress Portia de Rossi, said Star. Portia has been telling Ellen she’s very unhappy at home, a source told the magazine. When it comes down to it, she wants to be with someone younger and hotter. Degeneres’ publicist called the story fabricated and false.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week