OOD DAY FOR: Selling your Jetta, after Volkswagen took the top spot in Kelly Blue Book’s 2008 rankings of automotive resale values. Volkswagens have retained more than 48 percent of their original price over the past five years, Kelly Blue Book said. The U.S. Big Three carmakers inched up the survey, but none of their brands cracked the Top 10. (The Wall Street Journal)
BAD DAY FOR: Red meat, after a congressional subcommittee released e-mails that raised new doubts on the safety of using carbon monoxide to keep meat red, even after it spoils. The e-mails, from workers at Hormel Foods and Cargill, questioned internal test results that the USDA relied on when it approved the controversial practice in 2004. (The Washington Post)
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
Subscribe to the Week