Good Day, Bad Day
Mild spice, secure airspace
OOD DAY FOR: Mild spice, as lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret reunited the Spice Girls to headline its annual fashion show, featuring a more conservative line of undergarments this year. The show, taped last night, airs Dec. 4, about two weeks after Limited Brands, Victoria’s Secret’s parent company, reports what are expected to be disappointing earnings. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Secure airspace, after wireless security firm AirDefense reported that half of the 3,045 retail stores it studied used no or outdated security measures to protect data—like credit card and Social Security numbers—they transmitted over wireless networks. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week