Good Day, Bad Day
Mild spice, secure airspace
OOD DAY FOR: Mild spice, as lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret reunited the Spice Girls to headline its annual fashion show, featuring a more conservative line of undergarments this year. The show, taped last night, airs Dec. 4, about two weeks after Limited Brands, Victoria’s Secret’s parent company, reports what are expected to be disappointing earnings. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Secure airspace, after wireless security firm AirDefense reported that half of the 3,045 retail stores it studied used no or outdated security measures to protect data—like credit card and Social Security numbers—they transmitted over wireless networks. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week