Good Day, Bad Day
Mild spice, secure airspace
OOD DAY FOR: Mild spice, as lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret reunited the Spice Girls to headline its annual fashion show, featuring a more conservative line of undergarments this year. The show, taped last night, airs Dec. 4, about two weeks after Limited Brands, Victoria’s Secret’s parent company, reports what are expected to be disappointing earnings. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Secure airspace, after wireless security firm AirDefense reported that half of the 3,045 retail stores it studied used no or outdated security measures to protect data—like credit card and Social Security numbers—they transmitted over wireless networks. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week