Good Day, Bad Day
Mild spice, secure airspace
OOD DAY FOR: Mild spice, as lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret reunited the Spice Girls to headline its annual fashion show, featuring a more conservative line of undergarments this year. The show, taped last night, airs Dec. 4, about two weeks after Limited Brands, Victoria’s Secret’s parent company, reports what are expected to be disappointing earnings. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Secure airspace, after wireless security firm AirDefense reported that half of the 3,045 retail stores it studied used no or outdated security measures to protect data—like credit card and Social Security numbers—they transmitted over wireless networks. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week