Good Day, Bad Day
Mild spice, secure airspace
OOD DAY FOR: Mild spice, as lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret reunited the Spice Girls to headline its annual fashion show, featuring a more conservative line of undergarments this year. The show, taped last night, airs Dec. 4, about two weeks after Limited Brands, Victoria’s Secret’s parent company, reports what are expected to be disappointing earnings. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Secure airspace, after wireless security firm AirDefense reported that half of the 3,045 retail stores it studied used no or outdated security measures to protect data—like credit card and Social Security numbers—they transmitted over wireless networks. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week