Good week for: Dennis Kucinich, after an international group of two dozen pilots and military officers demanded the U.S. government begin a new investigation of UFOs. The pilots said they had seen flying discs and glowing spheres themselves and accused the government of covering up hundreds of unexplained sightings.
Bad week for: Jay Leno and David Letterman, who chose to honor picket lines from the Hollywood writer’s strike, thereby forfeiting $520,000 and $600,000 in weekly salary, respectively.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week