Good week for: Dennis Kucinich, after an international group of two dozen pilots and military officers demanded the U.S. government begin a new investigation of UFOs. The pilots said they had seen flying discs and glowing spheres themselves and accused the government of covering up hundreds of unexplained sightings.
Bad week for: Jay Leno and David Letterman, who chose to honor picket lines from the Hollywood writer’s strike, thereby forfeiting $520,000 and $600,000 in weekly salary, respectively.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week