Good week for: Dennis Kucinich, after an international group of two dozen pilots and military officers demanded the U.S. government begin a new investigation of UFOs. The pilots said they had seen flying discs and glowing spheres themselves and accused the government of covering up hundreds of unexplained sightings.
Bad week for: Jay Leno and David Letterman, who chose to honor picket lines from the Hollywood writer’s strike, thereby forfeiting $520,000 and $600,000 in weekly salary, respectively.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week