Good week for: Dennis Kucinich, after an international group of two dozen pilots and military officers demanded the U.S. government begin a new investigation of UFOs. The pilots said they had seen flying discs and glowing spheres themselves and accused the government of covering up hundreds of unexplained sightings.
Bad week for: Jay Leno and David Letterman, who chose to honor picket lines from the Hollywood writer’s strike, thereby forfeiting $520,000 and $600,000 in weekly salary, respectively.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week