nly in America
Housewives are now hosting Taser parties to promote ownership of the handy crime-fighting device. In the tradition of Tupperware, cosmetics, and sex-toy parties, groups of women are now gathering for snacks and drinks in a private home while a law enforcement officer introduces them to the portable, nonlethal stun gun, which delivers a paralyzing jolt of electricity. “It’s light, it’s small, it comes in colors,” said Lynne Rigberg, who recently hosted one such party. “It just makes you more confident.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week