nly in America
Housewives are now hosting Taser parties to promote ownership of the handy crime-fighting device. In the tradition of Tupperware, cosmetics, and sex-toy parties, groups of women are now gathering for snacks and drinks in a private home while a law enforcement officer introduces them to the portable, nonlethal stun gun, which delivers a paralyzing jolt of electricity. “It’s light, it’s small, it comes in colors,” said Lynne Rigberg, who recently hosted one such party. “It just makes you more confident.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
Subscribe to the Week