nly in America
Housewives are now hosting Taser parties to promote ownership of the handy crime-fighting device. In the tradition of Tupperware, cosmetics, and sex-toy parties, groups of women are now gathering for snacks and drinks in a private home while a law enforcement officer introduces them to the portable, nonlethal stun gun, which delivers a paralyzing jolt of electricity. “It’s light, it’s small, it comes in colors,” said Lynne Rigberg, who recently hosted one such party. “It just makes you more confident.”
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The executioners' lament
- 5 reasons child pageants are bad for kids
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
Subscribe to the Week