The Bottom Line
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York.
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York. Reasons given for the run toward $100 barrels include the weakening dollar, the onset of winter, speculative buying, and refinery outages. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
Subscribe to the Week