The Bottom Line
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York.
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York. Reasons given for the run toward $100 barrels include the weakening dollar, the onset of winter, speculative buying, and refinery outages. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
Subscribe to the Week