The Bottom Line
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York.
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York. Reasons given for the run toward $100 barrels include the weakening dollar, the onset of winter, speculative buying, and refinery outages. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week