The Bottom Line
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York.
Oil hit another record high, trading as high as $99.29 a barrel in after-market electronic trading in New York. Reasons given for the run toward $100 barrels include the weakening dollar, the onset of winter, speculative buying, and refinery outages. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week