Soldiers weary of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars are deserting their posts at the highest rate since 1980. Nearly . . .
Soldiers weary of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars are deserting their posts at the highest rate since 1980. Nearly 4,700 soldiers deserted this year—a 42 percent increase over last year. - Associated Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
Subscribe to the Week