Soldiers weary of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars are deserting their posts at the highest rate since 1980. Nearly . . .
Soldiers weary of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars are deserting their posts at the highest rate since 1980. Nearly 4,700 soldiers deserted this year—a 42 percent increase over last year. - Associated Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week