Only in America
A New York man whose license plate reads “Get Osama” had the plate recalled by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles, on the grounds that it may offend someone. Arno Herwerth, a retired New York City cop, received the plates two weeks ago, but officials notified him he had to send them back because they violated a ban on plates that are “derogatory to a particular ethnic or other group.” Herwerth said the only group he could imagine being offended were members of al Qaida. “This is unbelievable,” he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week