nly in America
A New York man whose license plate reads “Get Osama” had the plate recalled by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles, on the grounds that it may offend someone. Arno Herwerth, a retired New York City cop, received the plates two weeks ago, but officials notified him he had to send them back because they violated a ban on plates that are “derogatory to a particular ethnic or other group.” Herwerth said the only group he could imagine being offended were members of al Qaida. “This is unbelievable,” he said.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 10 things you need to know today: December 4, 2013
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Who will get screwed in Detroit's bankruptcy?
- Why so many Americans are missing out on the stock market boom
Subscribe to the Week