Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney was photographed with actress Rosanna Arquette last week in London. News of the World, which published the photos, claims that the two appear to be romantically involved. McCartney is in the middle of a highly publicized, multi-million dollar divorce battle with his second wife, Heather Mills.
What the commentators said
McCartney doesn’t seem to be having any trouble dealing with his current divorce, said Sarah Vasques in the blog eFluxMedia. Since parting ways with Mills, McCartney has been “linked emotionally to Renee Zellweger, Christie Brinkley and, most recently with multi-millionaire Nancy Shevell.” Sir Paul “just can’t get enough love lately.”
McCartney is running around like “some kind of mop-topped zombie hopped up on Viagra,” said Stuart Heritage in the blog Heckler Spray. But “after everything” he’s “been through," “you can’t blame his new ‘try before you buy’ dating policy.” This fling is nothing to get too excited about, though: “At this rate,” Sir Paul “will have ditched Rosanna Arquette by the middle of next week.”
He might be having a tougher time handling his divorce than people realize, said Charles Winters in the blog Gay Socialites. Why else would he be “burnin’ it up” like this? Does “Arquette remind you of Mills,” or is “that McCartney’s type?” It seems like he’s “really just trying to piss Heather off.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week