The Bottom Line
The U.S. Mint unveiled the designs yesterday for the last five quarters in its popular 50 state quarters program.
he U.S. Mint unveiled the designs yesterday for the last five quarters in its popular 50 state quarters program. Oklahoma will hit people’s pockets in January, with New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii following in 10-week intervals. The Mint called the program its most successful ever, with an estimated 147 million people collecting the coins. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week