The Bottom Line
The U.S. Mint unveiled the designs yesterday for the last five quarters in its popular 50 state quarters program.
he U.S. Mint unveiled the designs yesterday for the last five quarters in its popular 50 state quarters program. Oklahoma will hit people’s pockets in January, with New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii following in 10-week intervals. The Mint called the program its most successful ever, with an estimated 147 million people collecting the coins. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week