Bill Nye, former host of Bill Nye the Science Guy, filed for a restraining order against his ex-fiancée after she snuck into his backyard and attempted to poison his vegetable garden. Nye, 52, says he spotted a black-clad Blair Tindall, 47, “carrying two plastic bottles filled with some sort of solvent. Apparently she was trying to poison my plants.” In an official response, Tindall called the incident a “foolish, sophomoric act of poor judgment” prompted by Nye’s “emotional cruelty.” The couple had a wedding ceremony in 2006, less than three months after they met, but Tindall says Nye dumped her after the marriage license was rejected.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week