Bill Nye, former host of Bill Nye the Science Guy, filed for a restraining order against his ex-fiancée after she snuck into his backyard and attempted to poison his vegetable garden. Nye, 52, says he spotted a black-clad Blair Tindall, 47, “carrying two plastic bottles filled with some sort of solvent. Apparently she was trying to poison my plants.” In an official response, Tindall called the incident a “foolish, sophomoric act of poor judgment” prompted by Nye’s “emotional cruelty.” The couple had a wedding ceremony in 2006, less than three months after they met, but Tindall says Nye dumped her after the marriage license was rejected.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week