Bill Nye, former host of Bill Nye the Science Guy, filed for a restraining order against his ex-fiancée after she snuck into his backyard and attempted to poison his vegetable garden. Nye, 52, says he spotted a black-clad Blair Tindall, 47, “carrying two plastic bottles filled with some sort of solvent. Apparently she was trying to poison my plants.” In an official response, Tindall called the incident a “foolish, sophomoric act of poor judgment” prompted by Nye’s “emotional cruelty.” The couple had a wedding ceremony in 2006, less than three months after they met, but Tindall says Nye dumped her after the marriage license was rejected.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week