Bill Nye, former host of Bill Nye the Science Guy, filed for a restraining order against his ex-fiancée after she snuck into his backyard and attempted to poison his vegetable garden. Nye, 52, says he spotted a black-clad Blair Tindall, 47, “carrying two plastic bottles filled with some sort of solvent. Apparently she was trying to poison my plants.” In an official response, Tindall called the incident a “foolish, sophomoric act of poor judgment” prompted by Nye’s “emotional cruelty.” The couple had a wedding ceremony in 2006, less than three months after they met, but Tindall says Nye dumped her after the marriage license was rejected.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week