Bill Nye, former host of Bill Nye the Science Guy, filed for a restraining order against his ex-fiancée after she snuck into his backyard and attempted to poison his vegetable garden. Nye, 52, says he spotted a black-clad Blair Tindall, 47, “carrying two plastic bottles filled with some sort of solvent. Apparently she was trying to poison my plants.” In an official response, Tindall called the incident a “foolish, sophomoric act of poor judgment” prompted by Nye’s “emotional cruelty.” The couple had a wedding ceremony in 2006, less than three months after they met, but Tindall says Nye dumped her after the marriage license was rejected.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week