The Bottom Line
Morgan Stanely ousted co-president Zoe Cruz, one of the top women on Wall Street, three weeks after the investment bank wrote down $3.7 billion in mortgage-related losses in her division.
Morgan Stanely ousted co-president Zoe Cruz, one of the top women on Wall Street, three weeks after the investment bank wrote down $3.7 billion in mortgage-related losses in her division. (Bloomberg) Earlier Thursday, E-Trade Financial said CEO Mitch Caplan is stepping down. “The captains are going down with the ship,” said Celent analyst David Easthope. “Whether they are rising stars or not doesn’t matter.” (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
Subscribe to the Week