Good day, Bad day
Eating without guilt, Drinking Bud and driving
GOOD DAY FOR: Eating without guilt, as fast-food chains Hardee's and Carl's Jr. agreed to start buying eggs and pork from suppliers who don't cage their animals. The agreement, announced with animal-rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, follows a similar pledge from Burger King earlier this year. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: Drinking Bud and driving, as Molson Coors Brewing Co. won pole position as the official beer of NASCAR auto racing, beating out Budweiser, which has held the sponsorship since 1999. Coors said the five-year deal, estimated at $25 million, targets NASCAR's male, beer-drinking fan base. "People are not going to NASCAR to drink an appletini," said Coors marketing chief Andy England. (Bloomberg in The Toronto Globe and Mail)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week