ood week for: Vigilance, after Iraqi soldiers noticed that the bride in a wedding party passing through a checkpoint near Baghdad not only was remarkably ugly but had a 5 o’clock shadow. The bride, as well as the groom and several of the celebrants, turned out to be men suspected of terrorist activities.
Bad week for: Judicial activism, after Niagara Falls, N.Y., City Court Judge Robert Restaino had all 46 people in his courtroom thrown into jail because no one would confess to owning the cell phone that rang during court proceedings. Restaino, who admits he “snapped,” has been removed from his post.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week