Good Day, Bad Day
Media consolidation, digging through the freezer
OOD DAY FOR: Media consolidation, after Dell said it was forming a new marketing agency, in a joint venture with ad giant WPP Group, that will handle all $4.5 billion in Dell marketing over the next three years. Currently, Dell uses 800 firms worldwide for its advertisement and marketing. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Digging through the freezer, as only 20 percent of meat recalled due to reports of illness is recovered, suggesting that much of it gets eaten. For meat recalled due to USDA testing, however, the recovery rate is 62 percent. The USDA plans to start reporting the retailers selling meat subject to recall. There have been 54 recalls this year, up from 34 last year. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week