Good Day, Bad Day
Media consolidation, digging through the freezer
OOD DAY FOR: Media consolidation, after Dell said it was forming a new marketing agency, in a joint venture with ad giant WPP Group, that will handle all $4.5 billion in Dell marketing over the next three years. Currently, Dell uses 800 firms worldwide for its advertisement and marketing. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Digging through the freezer, as only 20 percent of meat recalled due to reports of illness is recovered, suggesting that much of it gets eaten. For meat recalled due to USDA testing, however, the recovery rate is 62 percent. The USDA plans to start reporting the retailers selling meat subject to recall. There have been 54 recalls this year, up from 34 last year. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Another Bitcoin exchange bites the dust
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week