Good Day, Bad Day
Media consolidation, digging through the freezer
OOD DAY FOR: Media consolidation, after Dell said it was forming a new marketing agency, in a joint venture with ad giant WPP Group, that will handle all $4.5 billion in Dell marketing over the next three years. Currently, Dell uses 800 firms worldwide for its advertisement and marketing. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Digging through the freezer, as only 20 percent of meat recalled due to reports of illness is recovered, suggesting that much of it gets eaten. For meat recalled due to USDA testing, however, the recovery rate is 62 percent. The USDA plans to start reporting the retailers selling meat subject to recall. There have been 54 recalls this year, up from 34 last year. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
Subscribe to the Week