Good Day, Bad Day
Media consolidation, digging through the freezer
OOD DAY FOR: Media consolidation, after Dell said it was forming a new marketing agency, in a joint venture with ad giant WPP Group, that will handle all $4.5 billion in Dell marketing over the next three years. Currently, Dell uses 800 firms worldwide for its advertisement and marketing. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Digging through the freezer, as only 20 percent of meat recalled due to reports of illness is recovered, suggesting that much of it gets eaten. For meat recalled due to USDA testing, however, the recovery rate is 62 percent. The USDA plans to start reporting the retailers selling meat subject to recall. There have been 54 recalls this year, up from 34 last year. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
Subscribe to the Week