Good Day, Bad Day
Media consolidation, digging through the freezer
OOD DAY FOR: Media consolidation, after Dell said it was forming a new marketing agency, in a joint venture with ad giant WPP Group, that will handle all $4.5 billion in Dell marketing over the next three years. Currently, Dell uses 800 firms worldwide for its advertisement and marketing. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Digging through the freezer, as only 20 percent of meat recalled due to reports of illness is recovered, suggesting that much of it gets eaten. For meat recalled due to USDA testing, however, the recovery rate is 62 percent. The USDA plans to start reporting the retailers selling meat subject to recall. There have been 54 recalls this year, up from 34 last year. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week