The Bottom Line
Shares of China Railroad Group, the worldâ€™s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai.
Shares of China Railroad Group, the world’s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai. Based on its stock price, China Railroad is worth almost $23 billion. Fueled by planned growth in China’s railroads and overseas expansion, China Railroad earned $3 billion in its Shanghai initial public offering and $2.5 billion in its IPO in Hong Kong, where its stock debuts Friday. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week