The Bottom Line
Shares of China Railroad Group, the world’s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai.
Shares of China Railroad Group, the world’s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai. Based on its stock price, China Railroad is worth almost $23 billion. Fueled by planned growth in China’s railroads and overseas expansion, China Railroad earned $3 billion in its Shanghai initial public offering and $2.5 billion in its IPO in Hong Kong, where its stock debuts Friday. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week