The Bottom Line
Shares of China Railroad Group, the worldâ€™s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai.
Shares of China Railroad Group, the world’s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai. Based on its stock price, China Railroad is worth almost $23 billion. Fueled by planned growth in China’s railroads and overseas expansion, China Railroad earned $3 billion in its Shanghai initial public offering and $2.5 billion in its IPO in Hong Kong, where its stock debuts Friday. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week