The Bottom Line
Shares of China Railroad Group, the worldâ€™s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai.
Shares of China Railroad Group, the world’s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai. Based on its stock price, China Railroad is worth almost $23 billion. Fueled by planned growth in China’s railroads and overseas expansion, China Railroad earned $3 billion in its Shanghai initial public offering and $2.5 billion in its IPO in Hong Kong, where its stock debuts Friday. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week