The Bottom Line
Shares of China Railroad Group, the worldâ€™s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai.
Shares of China Railroad Group, the world’s No. 3 construction contractor, jumped 69 percent today in their first day of trading in Shanghai. Based on its stock price, China Railroad is worth almost $23 billion. Fueled by planned growth in China’s railroads and overseas expansion, China Railroad earned $3 billion in its Shanghai initial public offering and $2.5 billion in its IPO in Hong Kong, where its stock debuts Friday. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week