Venezuela’s opposition celebrated the defeat of President Hugo Chavez’s constitutional reforms on Monday, but political analysts said Chavez’s “socialist-inspired state” was unlikely to loosen its grip on power. “He’s no longer the enigmatic figure that can do anything he wants,” said Juan Pablo Fuentes, a Venezuelan economist at Moody’s Economy.com, “but he’s not going to go backwards.” (MarketWatch)
What the commentators said
“A funny thing happened to Hugo Ch
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it possible to live forever?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
Subscribe to the Week