Good Day, Bad Day
Wiping egg off your face, football scalpers
OOD DAY FOR: Wiping egg off your face, as social networking entrepreneur Mark Zuckerberg said he had messed up the rollout of Facebook’s controversial Beacon ad service. He said users could now turn off the feature, which monitors members’ online purchases and broadcasts the information to their Facebook friends. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Football scalpers, after TicketMaster is close to securing a deal to be the official ticket reseller for NFL games. EBay’s StubHub, the official reseller for Major League Baseball tickets, is reportedly mulling a last-minute bid, too. An NFL deal could make TicketMaster more attractive to buyers if its parent company, IAC/Interactive, splits up. (BusinessWeek.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week