Good Day, Bad Day
Wiping egg off your face, football scalpers
OOD DAY FOR: Wiping egg off your face, as social networking entrepreneur Mark Zuckerberg said he had messed up the rollout of Facebook’s controversial Beacon ad service. He said users could now turn off the feature, which monitors members’ online purchases and broadcasts the information to their Facebook friends. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Football scalpers, after TicketMaster is close to securing a deal to be the official ticket reseller for NFL games. EBay’s StubHub, the official reseller for Major League Baseball tickets, is reportedly mulling a last-minute bid, too. An NFL deal could make TicketMaster more attractive to buyers if its parent company, IAC/Interactive, splits up. (BusinessWeek.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week